1. Keep Calm Be Prepared
A survival situation is not the time to panic. You are more likely to survive a difficult situation if you focus on maintaining a positive, proactive attitude.
- Make a plan based on your situation. Let family and friends know where your going, pack an emergency survival kit that will help for your situation.
- Immediate Inventory of supply's you have on hand knowing exactly what you have can help ration supply's longer increasing chances of survival.
- Identify the priority tasks required for survival is there any danger is there any available water, shelter or warmth you can utilise from your surrounds
- Positive and Proactive mind set you can last 3 weeks without food, 3 days without water 3 minutes without air BUT you will not last 3 seconds with out the will to SURVIVE.
- Emotion should never dictate your decisions you may feel helpless, keep your thoughts focused on the tasks that need to be accomplished you know what needs to be done FOCUS